For Other Inks |
To Order |
Other Cartridge Instructions
Bulk Ink Refill Instructions
Updated September 19, 2005
HP #100 C9368W Gray Cartridge
- Dark Gray - WJ-1119
- Medium Gray - WJ-1120
- Light Gray - WJ-1121
The ink in this cartridge is retained because the cartridge has an internal
sponge. This cartridge is physically identical with the #28 C8728AN cartridge. HP puts less ink
into this cartridge when new.
Step 1) Put the cartridge on some paper towels in an area where you
can tolerate a spill.
Step 2) Remove the label on the top of the cartridge. You will find 5 holes.
Step 3) Put the holes on top of the cartridge. Turn the cartridge so that the single hole is
farthest away from you and the other 4 holes are closest to you. You may fill through
any of the following holes:
To determine which color goes into which hole, insert an unbent paper clip into the hole you'd like to fill.
See what color comes up!
- The single hole farthest from you.
- The hole closest to you on left.
- The hole closest to you on right.
Step 4) Keeping the cartridge on paper towels, take a syringe bottle and
fill it 1/5 full of ink -- about 6 ml. When new, the cartridge holds 13 x 3 = 39 ml.
When full, the cartridge holds 13 x 3 = 39 ml.
Step 5) Insert the needle fully into the hole. Get the tip of the needle to the bottom of the
the ink very S-L-O-W-L-Y and watch until the sponge is saturated. You must get
the needle deep into the hard sponge.
Step 6) It is not necessary to reseal the holes.
Step 7) Set above a paper towel for an hour as a drip precaution, perhaps over a small cup. Expect a few
drips. Do not allow the cartridge to touch the paper towel at this point, since
the towel will draw out the ink.
Step 8) For best results, let sit overnight before using. Tape over the vent
holes if you plan to store for awhile to prevent drying out of the ink.
If you have a leak
There are only 2 reasons to have a leak with this cartridge:
- The cartridge has been overfilled. Remove some of the ink or let sit until it stabilizes.
- The cartridge has been damaged severely on the bottom. This should be obvious. Throw away
If the Cartridge doesn't Print
This simple cartridge is merely a sponge-filled box. Try the following:
- Be sure that you have put the ink into the bottom of the sponge inside the cartridge.
If you don't get the ink to the bottom, the cartridge won't print.
- Follow the directions in the printer manual to run the cleaning routine. This cleaning routine
is in the HP Toolbox software.
- If this doesn't work, take the cartridge to the nearest hot water faucet.
- Turn on the hot water. Let it get hot.
- Put only the printhead portion (where the ink comes out) under the hot
water for 2 to 3 seconds -- NOT 10 seconds!!!.
- Dry off the cartridge using a soft tissue.
- Re-insert the cartridge into the printer.
- Run the normal cleaning software routine a few times.
- If this doesn't work, remove the syringe needle from the syringe. Set the needle aside.
Go to the sink. Put your fingers over 4 of the 5 holes. Using the syringe, squeeze air gently into the 5th hole
to pressurize the cartridge, and (hopefully) push ink to the bottom of the cartridge and out the
printhead. This is messy!
- If the cartridge has been sitting in your drawer for a couple weeks or more, it is probably dry. If
so, you may need to rinse out the sponge with warm water injected repeatedly into the cartridge. After
rinsing out the cartridge, let dry by putting in front of an air conditioner or warm air vent for several
hours. Then attempt to refill normally.
- If this doesn't work, soak only the printhead in simmering water for
up to 2 hours. You may add up to 50 percent ammonia for really tough clogs.
To Clean Your Sink
The ink is water-soluble. Use plenty of soap and warm water. You may also
need to use Comet or a similar cleaner if the stains persist.
To Clean Your Hands
On hands, the best substance to use is
Ink Be GoneTM, a
specially developed hand cleaner available from ACSI Bulk Inks.
(To place an order, Click Here.)
To Place An Ink Order
You can telephone us at 1-888-728-2465 (USA Tollfree) or 1+740-374-9949. You
can also Order Online
or by other ways including
by Fax, or by
Postal Mail, or by
Copyright © 2004, Automation Consulting & Supply, Inc.
Contact us at 1-304-622-5086 or email us at
Main Ink Page |
Other Refill Instructions and Help |